Vancouver Kids Public Speaking and Communications Tutoring
Vancouver Kids Public Speaking Program
Ages 9-12, one-on-one in-home lessons
At MyGradeBooster’s Kids Public Speaking classes, students develop communication skills through fun and engaging class participation, discussions, games, and situation simulations. These lessons focus on critical thinking, fine-tuning verbal and nonverbal language, and overcoming fear of public speaking.
Communication skills are the most important skills that students will take out of their education. Effective communication is necessary for a rewarding academic and professional journey, as the ability to communicate is the greatest factor contributing to one’s success in life and a critical skill to develop.
Through games, cooperative activities, role playing and delivering speeches, our tutoring lessons focuses on giving students the confidence, experience, and practice needed to be effective communicators. Examples of skills taught include the following:
– Communicate effectively in full sentences
– Increase vocabulary, especially power words
– Overcome shyness and fear of audiences
– Learn to focus, pay attention, and develop comprehension skills
– Reduce the use of fillers (ah’s and umh’s)
– Use gestures and correct body language
– Remain calm and collected.
– Speak with confidence
– Increase self-esteem
– Learn to think critically and communicate confidently
Confidence in one area of life tends to spill over into other areas. Learning to present clearly with confidence and overcoming fear of audiences takes practice and persistence. Just like music, singing, dancing and other acquired hobbies and skills, public speaking is an ongoing learning process. But once mastered, it will help in every aspect of the students’ lives.